Saturday, January 28, 2017

Choose Discipline Over Regret


I have learned so much from the two, but I choose discipline over regret. I am thinking about the future I want, I am thinking about where I want to be in 5 years. To get to where I want to be, I have to do the work now. From here to there means work in between. The gap from here to there is the gap of discipline. Discipline to do want I do not like doing. Discipline to work when I want to play, discipline to read when I want to do something else. Discipline with hard work after prayers will give the desired result I want in 5 years.

Reading through Napoleon Hills’ Outwitting the devil where he described the habit of a drifter, I realize, I cannot drift as drifting is the opposite of discipline.
I have made the decision to discipline myself daily to achieve that long term result. Are you disciplined or are you a drifter?

A drifter has the following attributes:

He lacks a major purpose in life.
He will never accomplish anything requiring thought or effort.
He will have little or no imagination.
He will lack enthusiasm and initiative to begin anything he is not forced to undertake, and he will plainly express his weakness by taking the line of least resistance whenever he can do so.
He will be ill-tempered and lacking in control over his emotions.
His personality will be without magnetism and it will not attract other people.
He will have opinions on everything but accurate knowledge of nothing.
He may be jack of all trades but good at none.
He will make the same mistake over and over again, never profiting by failure.
He will be narrow-minded and intolerant on all subjects, ready to crucify those who may disagree with him.
He will expect everything of others but be willing to give little or nothing in return.
He may begin many things but he will complete nothing.
He will never reach decisions on anything if he can avoid it, and if he is forced to decide, he will reverse himself at the first opportunity.
He will eat too much and exercise too little.
He will criticize others who are succeeding in their chosen calling.

Napoleon hill “Outwitting the devil”

Please comment or “like” if you’re so inclined. Thank you.


You may also schedule a 15minutes free consultation with Abiola http://bit.ly/2js6J3u



No comments:

Post a Comment