Tuesday, June 16, 2015

What if someone stops breathing?

What if someone stops breathing?





I was on my way to teach CPR one day, when I decided to stop briefly at a friend's house. We were talking  and suddenly, her speech slowed down. Hurry up I said as I am scheduled to teach CPR in 30mins. She smiled, nodded, and continued talking. A few seconds later she clutched on to her chest. Oh do you want me to practice CPR on you I joked.

Tears started rolling down her cheeks, then I realized my goodness, she is having a cardiac arrest ( heart attack) right in front of me.  She fell to the ground stopped breathing and lo and behold, I was thrown into action mode knowing all that can go wrong if I do nothing. Thank goodness, she spent some days in the hospital and was fine.

Question is what would you do if someone stops breathing. What if that person is your family member? A friend shared with me this morning how just yesterday she had to give her husband the breath of life because he stopped breathing.

Do you know what to do if someone stops breathing? Worse still what if the heart stops beating? Do you know Basic Life support? Or would you just throw your hands in the air and beg for a miracle.

Please, learn Basic Life Support today.

I got involved because a friend went to a restaurant to eat, choked and died right at the restaurant as no one was trained in CPR. She was only 37years old.

As a health care provider, preventable deaths gets to me. That is why today, I have chosen to create some awareness on CPR. Learn CPR today.

I have a huge passion for Africa. I went to teach CPR about 5 years ago in Nigeria. Sadly my son died in Nigeria, in an emergency on his way to the hospital. I stayed angry for years and never talked about it. I had deep hurt from the incident. This year, as I turn 50, the work continues. This is not about me, but it is beyond me, as many people need to learn basic life support.


For together, we can save a life

CPR AFRICA. FOR EVERY LIFE IS WORTH SAVING


You may also schedule a 15minutes free consultation with Abiola http://bit.ly/2js6J3u

No comments:

Post a Comment